This Avocado Pea Mash is delicious and so easy to make.
Serves: 4 (Fish)
4 x 180g salmon fillet, boned
2 tbsp olive oil
400g green peas
1 tbsp chopped parsley
3–4 tbsp chopped mint
1 tbsp avocado oil
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 avocados (halved, peeled and chopped)
Sea salt and pepper to taste
Avocado Pea Mash
1. Make avocado chimichurri (see recipe below). Set aside.
2. Boil peas for 3 minutes and drain.
3. Add peas, avocado oil, lemon juice and 1 avocado to a bowl. Using a stick blender, make a rough purée. Fold in the remaining avocado and chopped herbs and season with salt and pepper. Taste for flavour, and add more mint if needed. Keep warm.
4. In a skillet, heat olive oil till smoking. Sear salmon, skin side down and till crispy, approximately 2 minutes on each side, or finish in 200 °C oven. Serve on top of 2 tbsp of pea and avocado mash, with 20ml serve of avocado chimichurri on top.
Note: The salmon can also be barbecued or oven roasted. The mash makes approximately 620ml / 15 x 40 ml serves.
Note: Makes approximately 28 x 20 ml serves
1 bunch coriander
½ cup rice or white wine vinegar
1 bunch flat leaf parsley, no stems
1 tbsp (2–3 cloves) garlic, chopped
1 tbsp oregano, fresh
¼ cup lime juice
1 jalapeno chilli, roasted, deseeded
2 avocados, diced
Salt and pepper to taste
1/3 cup water
¼ cup olive oil
1. Roast the jalapeno chilli over an open flame till blackened, then place in a plastic bag to sweat for 5 minutes.
2. Slice the chilli in half, deseed and remove blackened skin.
3. In a blender, combine all the ingredients except the oil. While the blender is running, slowly add the oil to thicken. Add a bit more warm water if necessary to thin. Reserve for service.